Reflections on Independence and Dependence - A Personal Journey !
As I gazed out at the rain from my window, my mind drifted back and wandered to the mornings I once cherished. Back in my home country, I relished the freedom of catching the bus to my office. I remembered those beautiful rainy mornings, standing at the bus stop with my umbrella casting a colorful oasis amidst the drizzle. The clouded sky, the fresh scent of wet earth, and the delicate symphony of raindrops tapping on rooftops were all vivid memories.
Now, living in a new country where personal transport is almost indispensable, I find myself feeling constrained and limited. Without my own means of getting around, I often feel like a mere spectator in my own life. The once-cherished freedom seems like a distant memory, overshadowed by the daily struggle of depending on others. I’m constantly asking myself why I’ve delayed taking steps that would restore my independence.
Now that I’ve come to terms with this reality, I realize it’s time for me to reclaim my autonomy. I’m determined to take a stand for myself, to rise up and master the art of driving so that I can venture wherever I please without needing anyone's approval. It’s ironic—though I didn’t have a car before, I was still a free spirit, navigating life on my own terms. Now, with a car at my disposal but lacking the ability to drive it myself, I feel caged. The freedom I once enjoyed seems like a distant memory, and I can’t help but wonder why I allowed myself to be confined like this. The frustration and realization have ignited a fierce resolve within me. It’s time to break free from this dependence and rediscover the autonomy I once took for granted.

Comments
Post a Comment